Based on the same 200-year old French novel as the film, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Valmont tells a story of sex and seduction and the complicated love games played by aristocratic lovers. Valmont is a ruthless womanizer who is attracted to 15-year old Cecile, an innocent and pure convent-bred girl who is betrothed to a man she's never met. Cecile is under the protection of her widowed cousin, the Marquise de Merteuil whose lover is Cecile's fiancé. Because Merteuil knows her lover will only marry a virgin, she challenges Valmont to seduce Cecile.
- Starring: Meg Tilly, Colin Firth
- Director(s): Milos Forman
- Producer(s): Michael Hausman, Paul Rassam
- Screenwriter(s): Choderlos de Laclos, Jean-Claude Carriere
- Distributor: Orion
- Release Date: Friday, November 17, 1989
Featured Animal Action
Staged in an era of horse and carriage, various other animals are primarily atmosphere.