Wild At Heart
The "wild at heart" in this film are a young couple in love, Lula and Sailor. She's a trashy, southern belle type who is really quite sweet. Sailor models himself after Elvis and is on parole from prison where he served time for killing a man in self defense. Lula has a neurotic oversexed mother who tries to seduce Sailor. When he rejects her, mom hires a hit man to kill him. Sailor decides to flee to California and Lula goes with him, but they run into trouble along the way.
- Starring: Nicholas Cage, Laura Dern, Willen Dafoe
- Director(s): David Lynch
- Producer(s): Steve Golin, Monty Montgomery, Sigurjon Sighvatsson
- Screenwriter(s): Barry Gifford, David Lynch
- Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Co.
- Release Date: Friday, August 17, 1990
Featured Animal Action
There is a minimal amount of animal action in Wild at Heart. Dogs playing, a turkey and various bugs are seen briefly. In one scene a man has his hand blown off and afterward a dog is seen running out of the building with the hand in his mouth. The dog, of course had a fake rubber hand in his mouth.